Monday, June 2, 2008

Maddie's big trip and Big 'Ol me

Russ and Maddie made a trip to Iowa over Memorial Day weekend. I didn't want to go because I still enjoy seeing my ankle bones. That won't last much longer, so I wanted them to be around as long as possible. Being in a car for 11 hours can make a pregnant woman's feet, ankles and legs do weird things. So Becca and I got to stay home.


We realized it was the first time Becca and Maddie had spent the night apart since Becca was brought home from the hospital. They missed each other so much. It was cute when Maddie got home. Becca just about ran past Russ to get to Maddie. She was so excited.

They got to spend a few days with Grandma and Grandpa and then to my parents for one night. Here are a few pictures:



I also wanted to share pictures of how huge I am. Last week I had to have a 3 hour glucose test and another ultrasound. My amniotic fluid level was high at 20 weeks and my sugar level was high at 27 weeks. So in order to rule out gestational diabetes, I had to have these tests done. I'll find out on Wednesday if I do have gest. diabetes. Hopefully not because I am addicted to snow cones and sweet tea right now.

Having the ultrasound was fun though. I'd never had one done this late. We could actually see the chubby cheeks of the baby and its' pointy chin. It kept sticking it's tongue out. That was really neat to see. It's hard to see in these ultrasound pictures, but I thought I would share them anyway.


3 comments:

Erin said...

I love the ultrasound pics! So cute. Thanks for sharing. By the way, they do make sugar free sno-cones! I'm addicted too!

Pam said...

It's totally a boy. Don't tell Russ I said that... he might never recover if I'm wrong (though I'm usually not)! :)

Mel said...

Hold Up - I thought Pam already said the baby was a girl - come on Pam we all know it is either a boy or a girl hehehehe - I picked boy from the beginning and that is what I am sticking w/. Sounds like Maddie had a fun trip w/ her daddy. And you look great!!