Monday, June 30, 2008

June updates

Over the past couple of weeks, we've had some exciting things happen at our house:

Maddie lost her first tooth. Her other bottom front tooth and two top front teeth are also loose. She's very excited about all of this.


We got a Wii! What an ordeal to get it. We knew when WalMart got their shipment in, so I called them and they only had 5 left. So I yelled at the girls to get their shoes on and out the door we went. We literally were jogging to the back of Walmart to get this thing. Yes, me, 8 months pregnant, jogging. I'm sure it was hilarious. We got the 2nd to last one! We got the Wii sports and Wii Play games. We are constantly looking for Mario Kart and the Wii Fit. Eventually we'll get it. But I won't be doing any jogging to get those two.



My Life Group threw me a diaper shower. It was so wonderful of all of them to do this for me. I have great friends. We had quite a few people there. And 4 more showed up around 3:30 when everyone else had left. It was fun and I appreciate Carla for opening up her new house to host it and for Mel coordinating everything for it. I received so many diapers and wipes. I literally have them under the crib because I don't know where else to put all of them. Jenny was the only one brave enough to buy blue things. I hope we get to use them! And Amy came all the way from Tennessee for my shower. OK, not just for me, she just happened to be here visiting, but I appreciate her taking the time to come to the shower.
Thanks again girls!!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Are we long lost sisters? Seems so in that picture!

So how much does a tooth go from the tooth fairy?

not so zen momma said...

We love our Wii. I got Mario Kart for Mother's Day. I've always found GameStop is the best place for finding sold-out games.

And, our trip to Norman was totally last minute! Sorry for not calling. We are trying to get down there for a Sunday, I will most definitely call.

Pam said...

Sorry I missed your shower... we were on the road coming back from our long trip... anyway, I'm holding out to find out if it's a boy or girl... I like to buy gender specific presents. :)

Unknown said...

Welcome to the wii family! Wii have lots of fun with ours.

Jenny said...

sounds like a fun time! I started laughing about you jogging....brings back memories of moving at 7 1/2 months pregnant...Anyway, hope things continue to go well! You're in my prayers. Looking forward to hearing about that "boy"! HUGS