Monday, April 21, 2008

I love this weather

Spring and Fall are definitely my two favorite seasons. Spring because everything feels so new. It is a time I want to completely clean out my house and get rid of just about everything. (Russ is not so happy with this since a lot of the stuff I want to throw out is his! ) The city is having large trash pick up day on Saturday and I can't wait to throw some stuff outside! And our neighborhood is having a garage sale in May. I'm debating on doing it. Is it really worth all of the work? We'll see.


I just wanted to share some pictures of our zoo trip last Saturday. Russ got free tickets for all of us. He had coordinated a blood drive at his work in Melinda's honor last fall. So the Blood institute gave out free tickets to all coordinators and their families. Plus, they gave us a free lunch of hamburgers and hot dogs. The whole day cost us $6 and that was because we "needed" cotton candy. It was about 65 degrees and sunny. A perfect day at the zoo. The girls had a blast. Russ hadn't been to the zoo in years, so he had a lot of fun showing the girls all of the different animals. Looking at these pictures, I think they were just as excited about the "fake" animals as the real ones.




2 comments:

Mel said...

ok - I thought I left a comment already, but I guess it didn't post. So I said I like this weather too. The pic.'s look great, I am glad you guys had a good time at the zoo.

Jessi said...

How fun! I too am enjoying this weather! I love taking Pay in the back yard to play! She loves being outside! We're going to have a family day at the zoo soon too! I think Payten will really enjoy it! Glad you guys had fun! The pictures are perfect for a scrapbook page!