Thursday, September 27, 2007

Clothes

I hate clothes. I really do. I hate trying them on. I hate trying to match things. I hate trying to be fashionable. I would love to wear pajama pants and a t-shirt all of the time.

The reason for all of this anger is that I went to buy a pair of jeans today. My butt has gotten so big that I can only fit into my "after baby" clothes. Now that's sad. I have been saying for months I wasn't going to buy anything new because I just needed to lose 10-15 pounds and I would fit into all of my regular clothes quite well. Well, I just got tired of wearing the same two things all of the time. I refuse to spend more than $35 on jeans, so I went to Wal-Mart, Target, Cato, Gordmans and finally Kohls. After trying on about 25 pair of jeans, I finally found some. They're cute, but BIG. I couldn't tell if they would fit me or Russ better.

I have come to the realization that my mirror sucks. It has been lying to me for years. I look in it and think, "I don't look that big". But then, when I go to a store and try something on in a dressing room, whoa doggy! I look so much bigger in those mirrors than I do at home. I don't even recognize myself. I look around to see who the big white lady is in my dressing room. Once I realize it's me, I calm down and try to squeeze into some jeans. Size 12. Nope- too small. This sucks. So I now officially own two pair of size 14 jeans. The other ones were my "after I have a baby" jeans. These are called my "I'm way too big" jeans. Oh, and I lost that weight from last week. I'm down to 165.

And what the heck is up with jeans now days? I truly haven't bought any in a few years. Everything is low rise. YUCK! On a skinny person, they look great. On a person with big hips and a big tummy, ew! I look like I have a muffin top. Everything squishes out above the jeans! And if I bent over... well, let's just say I'd make a great plumber.

So after trying on lots of low rise, wide legged, stright legged, boot cut, and long jeans. I think I found some.

I hate clothes. So I made myself feel better and bought some shoes too. Shoes don't make you look fat. I love shoes. They always fit, even if you're having a "fat day". High Heels








4 comments:

Pam said...

Shopping for jeans is a total nightmare... why? Because I prefer not to show off everything below my belly button. Lose the low rise people!!!

Erin said...

I absolutely HATE shopping for clothes!! I have the same problem with the mirror - "I'm really not that fat"! Why do I hate shopping for clothes? If I happen to find the right size around the waist, then they're too short!!! Very frustrating! If I find some pants that fit, it really doesn't matter the prize or how they look - I have to buy them. I might not ever find another pair that fits again!!

Mel said...

Hahahaha - that was funny - I hate to shop as well, always have hated it.

Jenny said...

I hate shopping 4 clothes 2. Thanks 4 the laugh at your expense! I needed it today....I'm sitting in ICU holding Brandon while he sleeps after surgery.