Friday, September 14, 2007

So far, not bad


So I haven't been perfect this week. But I've done so much better! I had not had any sugar until Wednesday when I gave blood. Russ set up a blood drive at his office in Melinda's name. So I went down and gave blood. Well, I went at 10:30 and I wasn't done until nearly noon. I was starving! And of course, they had all kinds of cookies, bagels and other sweets for you to eat after you donated blood. So I had a bagel that had cinnamon and sugar on it. That was oops number one.


Then last night, the girls wanted cinnamon toast, so I fixed that for a bedtime snack. That was oops two that was repeated this morning. Oops Three. But, I feel better and I have done well with running. I'm doing a mile and a half consistently. That's pretty good, if I do say so myself. I am taking today off, because I have sooooo much to do at home. So I'm going to make up for it tomorrow. But I am going to try to run 1.75 miles consistently next week. That's my goal anyway. We'll see how it goes!


3 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

I'm proud of you, Michelle. And I think with running somewhat regularly and drinking water you will lose the weight pretty quickly. You look great to me, though.

Giving up sugar, now that's tricky!

And I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage from reading your last post. That must have been very difficult.

Erin said...

Michelle, you're doing great! I'm so proud of you!!! I'm also ashamed of my lack of exercising and watching what I eat. Yesterday, I went to the doctor for a check-up, and of course they weighed me in. I almost panicked when the nurse almost had to switch the big lever over to the next 50 pounds. NO!!!!!!!!! It was not a good feeling!

Mel said...

Hey, we can't be perfect all the time.... I ate popcorn last night at Disney On Ice. I popped it at home and it was Organic - it was sooo good! I have a few more days w/ out sugar then I can add in little by little - Anyway - You are doing great, doesnt it make you feel better just doing something healthy, like eating better and excercising? I know I feel better, not saying it is easy, but I do feel better.