Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Memory Bands


Melinda has really been on my mind today. I know it's because I received 150 memory bands yesterday from her sister-law Becky. They are beautiful bands. I put mine on last night and haven't taken it off. It is a great reminder of Melinda.

One side says her name with the breast cancer ribbon and a soccer ball. The other side says live, love, smile. Melinda smiled so much. I really miss seeing her smile. So, I got on Becky's blog and watched the picture video they played at her funeral. I cried. A lot.

I'm sure that pain will always be there. Even if it's just a little. God will heal. I know that for sure.

If anyone wants a memory band, please let me know. They are $3 (or more if you want to!) The money is going to the Susan G. Komen breast cancer foundation. We have a few mediums left (that's what I'm wearing) and a bunch of large ones.

The Race for a Cure is coming up in just 18 short days! I am so not where I need to be with my running. I can do a mile and a half pretty consistently. But beyond that is pretty tough for me. My goal right now is to be up to 2 miles by the time the race gets here. I'm hoping that adrenaline will get me through the last mile. Melinda endured a lot of pain. Physically and emotionally. So surely I can get through 30 minutes of running pains, right?

One last note: I went to aerobics for the first time since May. I was so tired at the end. I know I'll be sore tomorrow too. But, 163! It's going down at least! (I did have a few chocolate chip cookies last night though. I blame that on Matthew and Julie. I took them dinner and HAD to have a dessert for them. It would be rude to show up with no dessert, right?) Roll





10 comments:

Pam said...

Hey Michelle, I can't wait to get a band! Thanks for taking charge of that for me. I'm so proud of you for doing so well with the weight loss and exercise! Keep up the good work! I'll be struggling right along side you in the race. I'm not sure when the last time I got on the treadmill was!

Erin said...

Michelle, I definitely want a band! What a great way to remember Melinda! Ditto to what Pam said "thanks." Keep a runnin', you'll get there. I wanted to go walking tonight, but it rained. Tomorrow's a new day. Have a good one!

not so zen momma said...

Yes, I agree with it is "rude not to bring dessert" philosphy too!

I'll take a band!

Michelle said...

Brooke- I just added an email post thingy to my posts. I didn't know how to do it until now. So email me with your address and I'll get you a band.

Amy S. Grant said...

Oh I would like to wear a band, too. Pam may be mailing my shirt, could you take a band for her to stick in?

Mark and the kids are on my mind so much. I hope they are hanging in there.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Jessi said...

Michelle, I just found your blog! Too cute! I'm not 'blog savvy' yet. :) Matt and I would both like bands. If possible, one large and one medium. When do we pay you? What a great idea! Thanks so much!

Michelle said...

I'll be at church tonight with the bands and also on Sunday. So just come find me and I'll have one for you!

Michelle said...

Amy and Brooke- what size do you want? I have tiny wrists, so I am wearing the medium. I have to stretch it to go over my hand, but it fits nicely. The large is the normal size you buy these bands in.

Amy S. Grant said...

Medium, my writst are small, too. And I will stick a check in the mail for your Race and the bracelet. Thanks!

Jenny said...

The bands are a wonderful idea. If you have any left, have Pam send one with my shirt; large is fine. I'll send $$ to Pam at the church....

Congrats on your weight loss! I'm still working on mine too. I want to lose 10 more for sure, maybe 20, but it has not been the focus lately.

Best of luck with the running....wish I was there with all of you!