Monday, September 10, 2007

Iowa

8 days in Iowa + 2 days driving = too long.

After an 11 hour drive yesterday, we finally got home! I love being home. I love Iowa a lot, but am always so happy to come home and sleep in MY bed! I love my bed. You don't realize how big a King size bed is until you sleep on a full and a queen matress for a few days.

We had a wonderful time in Iowa. The weather was great. I have always loved Iowa in September. The temperature is perfect. Maddie and Becca love spending time with their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Maddie always says she is going to live in Iowa someday.

Labor Day weekend was spent with my family in southern Iowa. My Aunt Marla, and her family all came in from Ohio. It was great fun to see them. We spent the night at Mom and Dad's Bed and Breakfast Cabin. Here is my shameless plug for their business: Click on this to find out more! Foxwood Bed & Breakfast


Mom and Dad took the girls back to their house. No kids! Awesome! It was just me and Russ, my brothers, Josh and Eric, my cousins, Andrea and Alicia, and Alicia's husband, Joe. So we played a hilarious game called "Dirty Minds". I laughed so stinkin' hard!



My dad took the kids fishing and drove them around in his 1931 Model A coupe. My cousin Tabby was there with her kids- Cade (just 3 weeks younger than Maddie) and Daelynne (3 1/2). (Look at the awesome playhouse in the background- was a shed that Dad converted for the girls. He even built a deck on it!)


Russ got to go golfing with his friend, Mark. He went to a really nice course in Des Moines. He said it was beautiful. He took the camera with him, and boy did he get a good picture.
This is a Momma deer with her babies. Beautiful, right? Until you notice what the Momma deer is doing.


Russ is such a good photographer, isn't he?
Snappy ROTFL

After seeing my family, we went to eastern Iowa, to see Russ'. The girls love being on Grandpa's farm. He has a golf cart he drives the girls around in. Maddie loves to drive it and often fights Grandpa for control of it.



I got to see my friend, Amy. We met when we were at the University of Iowa. After meeting her, I found out she was from Russ' home church. So we became fast friends. I hadn't seen her in quite a while, because now she has another kiddo! Amy, Addie and Finn met us at a park one evening so we could hang out and talk. Her oldest, Dylan, stayed home with Grandma. It was really nice to see her and her beautiful kids. (Becca is just 2 months younger than Addie.)

Russ got to go to the Iowa home-opening game on Saturday. He was so pumped! They won, which made it an even better game. I was a little jealous that I didn't get to go. I love Iowa football. When I was at U of I, I actually had season tickets! Now that's something most of you didn't know about me! :)


While Russ was watching a great game, Maddie, Becca, Grandma, Aunt June and I were having a tea party. Maddie set it all up for us and Grandma even got out a fancy "teapot". Maddie had a blast being the hostess. She even washed the dishes when we were done.



So all in all, great trip. I have a list about a mile long of things I need to get done today. I'm glad to be home, but hate the unpacking once you are home- oh, so much laundry to do!





3 comments:

Erin said...

Michelle - It sounds like you all had a great time with family and friends. I'm glad you and Russ were able to see both your families. The pictures are great! It's good to have you back in town!

Mel said...

Hey - Pictures are soooo cute - Thanks for tonight - I had a great time talking w/ you.

Michelle said...

Glad to be back!