Friday, September 21, 2007

A Few Things

I've been busy over the last week...


My diet is not going as well as hoped. I had stopped eating sugar (just a few cheats) and had been running like crazy. I got on the scales Tuesday morning- I GAINED 4 pounds!!! FOUR! Is that even possible? Don't say it's muscle, because it's not. I haven't been lifting weights, only running. That just set me wrong for the rest of the week. So now I've had cookies and brownies this week. But I blame that on Russ. He is having a big thing at work this week and he was in charge of getting the food for it. So he has brought home Dara Marie's brownies and cookies the last two nights. If you have never had a Dara Marie brownie- you are missing out! They are the best ones ever! Plus, I haven't ran the last 3 days. I ran 1.5 miles on Monday, 1.75 miles on Tuesday, and walked 2 miles on Wed. (with Carla- yeah Carla!) I didn't go yesterday, because I worked at Maddie's school in the morning. I didn't go today because I had Jenny J., Jimmie R. and Laura M. from church over to practice songs for the ladies retreat. I'm getting back on Monday. Plus, on Tuesday I'm going back to my bench blast class that I love and on Thursday afternoon, Samantha (my favorite aerobics instructor) is teaching a boot camp type class. So I thought I would try it out since I can't workout on Thursday mornings. I'll let you know how sore I am on Friday!

We went to Disney on Ice: Princess Wishes last Sat. night. Russ (very willingly) gave up his ticket to Marli (Melinda's daughter). We all had so much fun. I finished this week a digital scrapbook for Marli and one for my girls of all of the Princesses. Here's a picture of the three girls and my favorite shot of Ariel. The picture of Cinderella was pretty good too, I thought. Maddie looked right at me and said, "she is waving to US!" I just hope Marli had a good time.
I have planned a scrapbook night at church on Oct. 26th. It will be from 6pm-midnight. It is a $5 donation to come and all money will go to the Susan G. Komen foundation in Melinda's name. I hope there will be lots of people there. We will have fun!
Our Race for a Cure team is growing. We are now up to 31 people and I'm sure that number will triple in the next few weeks. Thank you to those of you who have given money towards my goal of raising $125 for the Susan G. Komen breast cancer foundation. I appreciate your support!
I am also trying to help plan the Christmas program at church. I have a really great idea and all of the parts are swirling around in my head, I just need to sit down (with a few others) and get all of the parts together to make sense. I still have a few months, right?

4 comments:

Erin said...

I'm definitely going to be part of "Team Evans" at the Race for the Cure. I've even started walking during the evenings. I only missed one night this week!!! It's made me feel a lot better! I have to say that you really inspired to me to start exercising even though I'm just walking. It's better than nothing I guess.

I'll definitely think about the scrapbooking night at church. Beginners are okay, right? Can you help me? I'm thinking of putting an album together for my sisters for Christmas of pictures of the family with Dad. I really need some help and advice!!!

Amy S. Grant said...

I love Samantha as a workout instructor if it's the same one who is married to Brooks. They both kicked my butt several times at the Y trekking classes.

That's just not right about the four pounds!

Barbie said...

Don't beat yourself up. You're probably retaining water or something like that. I've done that before when I'm working my diet and exercise program. I will usually lose 1 pound a week but every once in a while I will not lose and sometimes gain weight. I'll keep working out and the next week, I'll drop 3-4 pounds. It's weird.

I feel your pain. I'm trying to get back on my "eating healthy and exercising" program. Note: I did not call it a diet. Diets do not work. I suggest you get the Eating for Life cookbook. It's great. Everything we tried from it was good. (I really like the cheesecake recipe). It goes with the Body for Life program. It's the only way I have ever lost weight. I stayed on it for close to 2 years and maintained my weight at 136 lbs. Unfortunately, I went a little overboard last Xmas and gained 5 lbs. Then I hurt my knee and couldn't work out like I was and gained another 5 lbs. So, I'm now trying to lose that extra 10 lbs.

Since school started, I've been trying to get back in the routine of working out but not having much luck. I've been going 2 days/week. This week I'm going to do better. I lost 1 lb week before last then weighed on Sat. and lost another pound. Right after that, we went to a soccer game and Gary bought donuts. Even though it was not my free day, I had a few. On Sunday, I weighed and had gained that pound back. Dang those donuts. I do believe in a free day. That's the only reason I can eat healthy the rest of the week. If I know I can have whatever I want at least on day a week, I can make it work. (example: Dara Marie's cookies, yes, I have had those before. They are very good)

Don't forget to make weight lifting a part of your workout. Women lose so much muscle tone as we get older (starting in your 30s) and lifting is the only way to keep it. Plus it burns calories. Keep working girl, in the end it will pay off!

Mel said...

Ok your pic.'s are great - I need a few of them, can I get a few before I go on my Scrapbooking wk.end?
How is the working out going this wk. so far? I have a cold, so I have not done any exercise, but I am still eating well.