Tuesday, March 25, 2008

1500 miles and snow

We went to Iowa for Spring Break. (Not as exciting as Mexico- Pam!) It sure didn't feel like spring! The temps were mainly in the 30's, a few days in the 40's. It was stinkin' cold up there! And what did I do? I forgot my winter coat. Can you blame me? It was 80 degrees here the day we left. I had on flip flops and a t-shirt. At least I remembered the girls stuff. They definitely needed it when they hunted for Easter Eggs on Saturday. It was 34 degrees. CRAZY! Their little noses were bright red and their hands actually hurt from being out in the cold. But they still had fun.


We got back Sunday night and as we were unpacking, I turned on the tv. The weather was on. Russ was in the other room and I just started yelling- "I love Oklahoma!" I saw that it is supposed to be in the 70's most of the week. And even in the 80's on Thursday. Yeah, I get to wear my flip flops!

Anyway, I love Iowa. I love my family and Russ', but I sure hate the weather up there. I have become a complete southern girl. Oh, and traveling that far when you are pregnant is NOT fun. My ankles didn't swell too badly, but my legs sure hurt a lot in the car.

I'm just glad to be home and in MY bed!! I love my king size bed. I love my pillows. (which I also forgot- we had to stop at Wal-Mart on the way up to buy body pillows. I can't sleep without one) I'm telling you. Pregnancy sucks the brain cells right out of your head!


4 comments:

Pam said...

Oh, come on, Michelle! Frostbite is exciting, too!

Mel said...

Heheheh - it seems weird seeing the girls in their winter coats having an Easter Egg Hunt. I am glad you guys had a safe trip. And I am sure you are glad you went, it might be awhile before you get back to Iowa.

Jessi said...

I'm glad you guys had a safe trip! I can't imagine driving that far and being pregnant! I drove to Nashville when I was only 7 weeks and it about KILLED me! You're a strong woman! :)

Amy S. Grant said...

Your family is so precious. Love these pics. Glad you had a great Spring Break!