Monday, November 5, 2007

Addicted

I have an addiction. It is a recent one. I am addicted to looking at houses online. I go to our local area and look at open houses. I look at every room in the house. I get decorating ideas, and I get ideas for if we ever build a new house. I also love looking at house plans. This has become an obsession. I have even taken a plan and changed a few things, making my own "perfect house". I've had this plan for about a year and a half now.

Click on the house to see the layout. (I would have a study instead of a dining room. I'd put a closet inside the study and one on the outside of the study wall for a coat closet. And the fireplace would be on the window wall because we need a huge wall for our huge entertainment center. And on the back of that wall would be all storage. Blankets, games, etc. )

But this "obsession" escalated 2 weeks ago when looking at an open house. We ran into a realtor who is great. We really liked her. So we told her what we were wanting and she started looking. So even though we are not ready to move, we have been looking at houses. Why do we do this to ourselves? I blame it on Terry and Carla. They are building a new house. It is going to be beautiful. So I'm a little jealous. Excited for them, but just a wee bit jealous.

Goodness, I'm only 32. I can't expect to have EVERYTHING I want right now, can I? What would I have to look forward to? I need to learn to be patient. We have a great house. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful house. We built this house 8 1/2 years ago. I was only 23 when we moved in. My taste and style has changed a LOT since then. Back then, I wanted a big fluffy denim couch with a big plaid chair. Thank you Russ for not letting me get that.
So if I'm patient and just wait, then in time, we'll have a new house. There's no rush. Until then, I'll keep looking at houses and house plans. If any of you are wanting to find a house, just tell me what you want and I'll be more than happy to look for it!


4 comments:

Jenny said...

You are not alone in this addiction, I to STILL check the open house website. I even attend an open house every now and then. I love your dream plans! Good taste;)

Pam said...

I know a good builder. :)

Mel said...

Heheheh - you are soo funny!! I have been looking since you gave me that website, but that is b/c I hope to move w/in a yr. Plus we all love to dream. Talk to ya tomorrow.

Jenny said...

You could be like us and never get the "dream" house, but live in whatever state you find a job that takes you "up the ladder" for your career, make lots of new friends all over the country and then blog with all of them! he he I do not want the hassle of building..... but I do have dream plans if I ever did. I would definitely have to have maid service though. Guess we'll all keep dreaming.....