Sunday, November 25, 2007

Black Friday

People are crazy!! I had never gotten up on Black Friday before (and never will again), so I thought I would try it. There were about 5 things in the Toys R Us ad that I wanted to get the girls for Christmas. So why not try? But I was too tired to get up at 5:00 am. Big mistake. I got up at 6:00, brushed my teeth and threw on some clothes. I got to Toys R Us by 6:20. I found a girl to help me find the 5 things on my list. But they ALL were gone. One hour and 20 minutes after they opened. Wow. The line was ridiculous! It went from the checkout stands, straight back to the back, across the back, back down to the front of the store, wrapped around and went back towards the back and across the back again- going the other way. That was the line. It had to be at LEAST 45 minutes-hour wait. CRAZY!!

So I left there with nothing and went to Bed Bath and Beyond. It was much better. Everything was 20% off. I liked that! Then off to Wal-Mart. Another crazy place! Don't even try having a cart in the electronics or toys section. Then Best Buy. So many people!

The craziest I saw was at Target. I was not crazy enough to go there myself, but in driving there, I could see the parking lot. The cars were backed up all the way down the road leading to Target. They were all parked in the grassy area next to Target because there were no more places to park. I even overheard two people at Wal-Mart talking about it. They said it was so crowded you could barely move. They said they will never go there again on Black Friday.

I just heard that Russ' nieces, in Iowa, went shopping at an outlet mall. Now, let me say, it is a GREAT outlet (Williamsburg). We go there almost every time we go home. It's awesome. But the funny thing is, they opened their doors at 12:01 am. CRAZY! So our nieces shopped from midnight-6 am. Nutty girls! I almost think shopping at midnight would be easier for me than getting up at 5:00 (or 4:00 like at JcPenney)

But I now know, I will never waste 2 hours of sleep again, just to save $20.

4 comments:

Amy S. Grant said...

Oh, you said it so well: "...to save $20". My thoughts exactly!

Mel said...

I like shopping to Black Fri. - it is exciting. But I will blog about that, if I ever make time to blog again hehehee

Mel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessi said...

Okay, finally I can see your page! And how do I add quick links on my page to other people's blogs? Anyway, thanks so much for your encouraging words to me. I'm really trying to keep my head up about it all. I know! Infertility is awful! It took us 2 years, an HSG and Clomid to have Payten. I really just hope I can have atleast one more child. I could learn to be content with two, be thrilled with three, and four...well, It's my dream but I'm trying not to get my hopes too high! We'll just see. I'll keep you updated!