Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Update

Still at 164. It sucks. I have been running my butt off. I ran/walked 5 miles on Wed. (I love trekking class). Then on Friday, I ran 2 1/2 miles. I also went to aerobics classes last week. I ran 2 1/2 miles yesterday and went to class this morning.

So why is this? Because I am not "watching what I eat". I try. I really do. But then blow it around 2:30 everyday. I get bored (and a little hungry). Then I try to do a healthy dinner, but then have dessert afterwards. I have got to change these habits. It is just so much work! I know I can do it though.

The Race for a Cure is Saturday morning. I think the race starts at 8:15. I AM going to run the entire 5K. I have put it in my mind that I can do it. I know I can. I can do 2 1/2 miles on a track, indoors. Running outside, with hills, is a whole different ballgame, but I know I can do it. I will be doing a lot of praying through the race. That will help me not to think about the pain I am in. I will pray for others and I will get through it! That's my plan anyway. I'll let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I completely understand your frustration. I've been walking for about 4 weeks now, and I think I've lost 2 pounds. However, it's the food that gets in my way. I want to eat what I like!!! That's my biggest problem anyway. I walked about 3.25 miles tonight. It felt good to get over that 3 mile mark!! You'll get it done on Saturday! Remember, you won't be alone!

Mel said...

I am so proud of you, at least you are sticking w/ the working out part. I can't seem to fit that into my schedule. I am worried about walking the 5K and you are going to run it, I know you will do well. See ya Sat.

Amy S. Grant said...

I know you can run this race, Michelle. If you're doing that much in the gym you are definitely ready. Race Day always gives its own kind of energy. Especially this special race.

I'm proud of you!!

What's weight except a number, anyway? It seems to me that by getting in shape and feeling good you will settle into a healthy weight. I don't even own a scale for that reason - it's frustrating.