Monday, August 20, 2007

Maddie's First Day of School











Today is a very exciting day for us. Maddie started Kindergarten! She was so excited to go. As were we. Plus, it is Russ' birthday. Maddie was excited she got to start school on Daddy's birthday.


But there is a cloud hanging over me too. Knowing that Marcus and Manning will never have their mommy to take them to their first day of Kindergarten makes me so sad. I just can't stop thinking about Melinda and her family. I keep hearing her voice and her laugh. She had the biggest smile. I am so blessed to have known this special lady. Her funeral is going to be on Wednesday at church. What a sad day that will be. I just keep praying for Mark and the kids. That's all I can really do at this point.

But Maddie had a great first day as a Kindergartener. She really likes her teacher. She got to go to music and play in the gym. She even liked lunch. Remember the days when we got a school lunch and you had NO choices? Well, the lunch menu said Beefy Mac for lunch. We were going to make her try it. Well, she gets home and said there were choices. So she chose pizza. Interesting. So I looked at the lunch menu. Each day they have something listed, but then below it are 3-4 different choices if you don't like the main thing. So I hope she doesn't choose pizza or chicken nuggets every day.

Becca didn't quite understand why she didn't get to stay with Maddie. It was almost like she was nervous for Maddie to be at school without her. But she walked out with Russ and I and then said, "Where's Maddie?".



She asked me later why Maddie wasn't with us in the car. I had to explain to her that Maddie stayed at school all day now. Becca then said, "Oh my goodness, that is so exciting!"

Anyway, it was a great first day and she loved it. She made lots of new friends and even had a good bus ride home.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Hey - great pictures. Your girls are so beautiful. Did Maddie enjoy her 1st day?

Jenny said...

How exciting for Maddie(and Mommy!). She looks so grown up. I remember riding the bus for the first time when I started Kindergarten, I loved it! Hope she has a great year.

not so zen momma said...

Congrats Maddie! With a four month old, I can't imagine the first day of kindergarten. It will come soon enough.