Saturday, August 25, 2007

Grocery shopping with kids

So, shopping with a two year old. Not fun. In fact, I HATE going to WalMart with the girls. I'm so excited that Becca is starting her little school this week. So two mornings a week, I will have to myself and I can go to WalMart and not be totally stressed out! Maddie is the child that wants to run around and look at everything. Becca is like herding cats. She is so stinkin' slow! I can't get her to move for anything! She's slow getting into the car, out of the car, getting dressed, eating breakfast, or even going to the bathroom. She's almost completely potty trained. But she'll tell us, "I have to go peepee!". "Yeah! Run Becca!" She will slowly walk to the bathroom, look around at a few things on the way there, and get there in her own sweet time. So imagine trying to get one child to stop running away to look at things and the other to just move out of the way to get your cart through an isle. Now, I know I don't have it as bad as some moms. My girls are actually very well behaved, but that doesn't make shopping with them any more fun. I've attached one of the funniest things I've read in a while. It's about a mom who was selling some Pokemon cards on Ebay. You will laugh so hard, and then realize, shopping with my kids is really not all that bad compared to her!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130144061675&ru=http%25

4 comments:

Mel said...

I hear ya, I would rather shop alone as well. I usually end up taking Abby, but she does a pretty good job. That story was great!!! I was laughing and laughing.

Michelle said...

Did you see that she got $140 for the cards? How crazy are people?

Michelle said...

Mel, when are you gonna get your blog up so I can "spy" on you?

Mel said...

I didn't see the cost - but wow that is a lot of $$$. I will get my blog up when I have a blog101, do you know anyone who could teach the class? hehehe