Thursday, April 16, 2009

New house

I know it's been a month since I've blogged. Until last week, nothing really exciting has been happening. I stripped wallpaper and painted my walls. I pulled up carpet, stripped paint and acid-stained my concrete. (It's still not totally done) But it looks cool. Pictures will come eventually. It's just getting them off the camera on to the computer.


But the biggest news came today, when we found out that our offer was accepted on the house we were wanting!! Woo hoo!! We sold our house, contract was signed Tuesday night and we put an offer in on Tuesday night also. It took a day and a half (of lots of stress) for them to get back to us, but at 1:30, we found out it is going to be ours!!


We are so excited! We've lived in this house for 10 years. It will be almost exactly 10 years. We moved in May 28, 1999, and we will be moving out on May 23rd. We love our house, we just feel a little squished. So we are moving up! From the front it looks like "Grandma's house". But it has an addition on it, so it gives it a bunch more space. Here are a few pictures of our new 5 bedroom house:


The front.


The back. That is a balcony that goes all around the top. Lots of French doors to lead outside. That just means lots of locks I'll be buying. :)


The kitchen had been totally gutted and redone. Beautiful tile floors, granite counter tops. Not necessarily a huge kitchen, but bigger than I have now.


The movie theatre room. Yes, a movie theatre. Cool, huh? Guess we'll be having a lot of game watching parties at our house!! And those are tvs on either side of the screen. So Russ can watch three games at the same time!


This is the sun room. The french doors on the left go to the master bedroom.


This is Becca's bedroom. Between her and Maddie is a Jack and Jill bathroom. Each of the girl's bedrooms has these beautiful white built-ins. They all just look like "girl" rooms.

So those are the highlights anyway. I have a scrapbook area, Russ gets his own office and the girls also get a playroom. I am so excited just to have lots of storage!! We should be signing the papers tomorrow, so until then, I'm still a little uneasy about it all, but I have just been trusting that God will lead us to the right house. So as soon as we get all moved in and school is out, we are having a pool party. Hope you all can make it!!

7 comments:

not so zen momma said...

So when can we come swimming?

Congratulations!

ApeKnitty said...

WOW--absolutely beautiful--so happy for you!

Samantha said...

Awesome...front and back are two different houses!! Great find!

Anonymous said...

When can I move in? JK

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! :)

It is awesome. More photos please!

Harp

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!
James and I are excited for you guys! Wait 'til my girls find out you've got a pool!! oh boy!!

Anonymous said...

Love ya, Michelle! Sorry I can't remember my password so I posted anonymously! then forgot to sign my name. I think I need to go to bed now!
Tracy

Jessi said...

Oh my goodness! It's soooo great! You'll never have to move again...well, until it's too much space after the girls are grown! Congrats, I'm so excited for you!!!