Monday, April 27, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes....

Driving in the car yesterday, Russ was giving Maddie a spelling test. He was saying random words and having her spell them. She was doing great. house- H-O-U-S-E, store- S-T-O-R-E, station-S-T-A-T-I-O-N, and then he says Doctor. Maddie answers with "D-R-period". Then she started laughing. Maddie is not our "funny kid". So it kind of took us off guard, but cracked us all up.

Now Becca... oh Becca. First of all, I really need to watch what I say when I'm driving. Yes, I'm an angry driver. I've told you all before how I hate it when people won't turn right on red, or if we sit at a green light too long. Well, that happened today. And before I could even say (or really think) something, out of the back is Becca: "Go people, the light is green!! Gas is on the right!!"

I'm going to try to stop being angry when I drive, you just never know who's listening.

3 comments:

not so zen momma said...

I'm becoming too familiar with Van repeating what I say!

Mel said...

oh how funny - both stories!! You have great girls !!

Jessi said...

Haha! That's too funny!