Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Dumb Drivers

Is it just me or does every driver around me need to go back to driver's ed? I'm getting tired of being surrounded by people who don't know how to drive. Here's my top 10 things that drive me crazy about other drivers:

1. Not turning right on red. It's legal, really! Don't just sit there until the light turns green. If it's clear- GO!

2. People who think they "know" how to drive in the rain or in the snow. Guess who I see in the ditches in Iowa during a snow storm? Big trucks who think they are good enough drivers to still drive 60 mph on the interstate. DUH!

3. Forgetting to turn off your blinker. Mine makes noise if it's on too long. Do other cars not do this?

4. When it is raining, you should drive with your lights on. Especially grey and white cars- you are hard to see!

5. People who drive with their parking lights on. They are called PARKING LIGHTS for a reason. Not driving lights. What's the point? Do you think you are saving gas by not turning on your headlights?

6. People who let their 3 year old sit up front. It's illegal. Aren't you supposed to be like 10 or 12 before you can sit in the front seat?

7. Along with #6- People who don't buckle their kids in, and let them run around in the back. They are just asking for an accident. How sad.

8. People who pull out in front of you and stay in your lane. If you MUST pull out in front of me, move to the other lane!

9. People who don't pay attention to the lights. You know it is going to turn green soon. Pay attention!

10. People who are getting on to the interstate from an access road. They just assume it's their right to get on the interstate (going 40 mph) and don't yield to the cars going 70 mph. There is a yield sign there for a reason!

And...
Only in Oklahoma. I was driving the other day when a big truck pulled up on my right. I looked over and started laughing. The side mirror had been broken, but they fixed it. They put a hand mirror (handle and all) in it's place, held on by rubber bands. I wish I would have had my camera. I tried getting out my cell phone to take a picture, but I wasn't quick enough and they turned. Clever of them. You do what you must do, I guess.

Do you have any driver pet peeves?

4 comments:

Erin said...

You might be a redneck if......

Only in Oklahoma? Hmmm.........
Let's see if I can beat that! In Paris, TX, I took a picture of a pickup truck with it's entire rear window smashed in. Guess how they decided to fix it! With duck tape! I can't figure out how to post the picture here! I'll email it to you to share with everyone.

Mel said...

That was a funny post. I don't usually get to worked up over driving but one thing that gets under my skin is who dumb ppl can be at 4-way stops.

Michelle said...

I came across two more today-

People who don't know how to use a turning lane. Get your WHOLE car in it!

And people who speed around and pull in front of you only to turn. Ugh!

Jessi said...

Haha! This is a great post! Do you get road rage? I always tell Matt, when he's in a hurry or whatever, "Honey the people around you didn't get your memo."