Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day weekend. I left Friday afternoon for a scrapbook retreat and didn't get back until Sunday afternoon. It was wonderful!

Not only did I get 104 pages scrapbooked, I got a massage and a pedicure while there. When I got back on Sunday, I was so relaxed. I really needed a weekend away.

Some people said, "I can't believe you're going on Mother's Day! You should be with your children on Mother's Day." What I have to say to that is: I am with my children every day. I love them very much and am blessed to be a stay at home mom. But some times you just need a break. You need to rejuvenate yourself. You need "me" time. I think that is really important. Plus, shouldn't EVERY day be Mother's Day?

I was excited to get home to see Russ and the girls and show my family all of the work I did in our albums. They were excited to give me my presents and flowers. Maddie had made some really cute cards and made a picture at school that had all of my "information" on it: My mom weighs 50 Pounds. My mom's favorite food is Frito chili pie. My mom is best at cleaning. Now that one is funny. There were a bunch of cute sentences on there and a great picture of me.

Here are a few pictures of my weekend. I had 5 friends there and we had a lot of fun. It's sad I won't be able to go back for a while (having a baby and all). But they are all going back in the fall. I'm so jealous! :)

This is a view from the living room looking into the scrapbook room. It is such an awesome house. And decorated so cute!

Me staring at a blank page. I do that a lot!

Our group: Patti, Cindy, Amy, me and Cheryl. Barbara had all ready left when we took this.


2 comments:

Mel said...

I am so glad you had a great time, you needed a break. I can't wait to go, I get so excited thinking about it and seeing your pictures. Oct. will be here soon enough.

Jessi said...

AWW! I'm so jealous! Glad you had a great time, I'm sure you needed it!