Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Muscles I've forgotten about

So Russ has threatened to cancel our Y membership if I don't get my big 'ol behind back there. I've gone only 4 times since Rylan has been born. In my defense, I've had some back issues. But I don't have any excuses any more. My chiropractor has cleared me.

I walked 2 miles and ran 1/2 mile today. That 1/2 mile was run by running a lap, walking a lap, repeat. I am so out of shape. It makes me sad to think that a year ago, I was running 2-3 miles when I went. This is what pregnancy and laziness does to you.

Just in the little bit I did today, I could feel muscles that haven't been used in quite some time. You know the ones at the very bottom of your stomach? Girls-you know the REALLY low ones that help keep the baby from falling? Well, did you know you use those when you run? Ouch. Not a pleasant feeling.

I'm sure I'll be a little sore tomorrow. But I'm going to go back 2 more times this week. I have to, or we won't have a membership anymore. Sure, it would save us quite a bit of money every month, but I would be very sad (and fatter).

0 comments: