Tuesday, December 9, 2008

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...

Turn up the volume. Maddie was so excited that I found the song for this blog.


Maddie lost her right front tooth last Monday. Since then her left front tooth has been VERY loose. It has been driving Russ and I crazy. On Saturday, Russ convinced her to let him try the floss trick. (Just a helpful reminder- it does not work if you only have the Glide floss)
Maddie on Tuesday.

This is what "the tooth" looked like on Tuesday.
Russ trying to get the tooth out. Maddie didn't like this so much.

Tying floss around her tooth on Saturday didn't work.

We've been calling her "Snaggle tooth, Goofy tooth and Cyclops tooth". We tried to convince her that she couldn't be an angel in the Christmas program because angels don't have goofy teeth. Her friend, Eden also only has one front tooth left, and it's pretty loose. So we tried to make it a competition between them.

Last night it was just barely hanging on. Just breathing would make her tooth wiggle.

Finally, last night, she bit into a cracker and it pushed her tooth backwards. She came running to me with a mouth full of blood. Well, after about 30 minutes, it came out!! Finally!! And the first thing she says is, "Yes! I beat Eden!!"
Russ was starting to get frustrated, when....

Yes!! Success!!

I told Maddie that she could now sing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth". She said, "no it's not Mommy, I want other things too."

0 comments: