Friday, August 1, 2008

Busy week


Rylan in her Iowa Hawkeye Pjs.

We LOVE this hat Mitzi made for her. The nurses at the hospital kept asking where we got it.

This is just to prove that she has BROWN hair. We are still checking to be sure she's ours. :)
Her first outing dress. We had to go back to the hospital for a jaundice check on Monday. Notice her "sandals". Mitzi crocheted those too. Too cute!

Russ and his 3 girls. Everyone keeps asking me if he's o.k. He's adjusting. Ask us in 10 years.



Rylan is officially one week old (as of yesterday). This past week has flown by. I know having a newborn will do that to you, but so will almost buying a house. The night before Rylan was born, we went and looked at a house and fell in love with it. We came home and were in the middle of figuring out our budget and crunching numbers for a new mortgage, etc. when the phone rang. It was the hospital calling to see if I could be induced on Thursday instead of Friday. Wow! We weren't completely ready, but o.k. One less day to be pregnant sounds great!

As you can imagine, we hardly slept that night. Between thinking about having a baby and wondering if I was ready and if my house was ready, and thinking of buying a new house, my brain wouldn't stop. I think I got about 3 hours of sleep Wednesday night.

Russ took my parents and sister-in-law to see the house on Friday while I was still in the hospital. We were nervous that someone was going to go see it over the weekend and put an offer in on it. So on Saturday, just a few hours after getting out of the hospital, our realtor met us at our house and we signed papers to put in an offer. They counter-offered on Monday. Not low enough, so we put in one more offer. They went down only $1,000 more. Not low enough. So we do NOT have a new house.

I was bummed, but at the same time, we were both a little relieved. Talk about bad timing. There's another house out there for us. We'll find it. In the meantime, we'll enjoy our house and the fact that we have 4.5% interest on it. That's Russ' favorite thing about our house. :)
I know the next few weeks will fly by too. School will be starting soon. Hopefully we'll be in a good routine by then.
I have to thank my Mom and Dad for all of their help this past week. Maddie and Becca loved being with them and it was a great help just to get them out of my hair for a while. They are still adjusting to the new baby, but love her to death just the same.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Sweet baby! I love her dark hair (and all the cute knits from Mitzi!). Bummer about the house... but probably a good thing- I can't imagine trying to sell and pack a house right after having a baby!!! I'll keep my eyes open for you...

Mel said...

Ohhhhh those pic.'s are so cute. I am glad everyone is adjusting. I hope you are getting some rest, if that is possible.

Jessi said...

She is sooo cute Michelle! I'm glad everyone is adjusting well. :) I know how you feel about the house deal. We are on the opposite end. Trying and trying to sell. Oh well, it will happen for both of us when it's right.