Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ultrasound



I had an ultrasound yesterday and everything looks good. Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers! They said the baby is fine. It is right where it should be with size and all (I'm 12 weeks). The heart rate was 168. They say a fast heart rate means a girl, so I have been teasing Russ that it's another girl. We are going to wait until it's born to find out though. At my 7 week ultrasound they found that I had two hematomas behind the placenta. My body has reabsorbed one of them. The other is still there, but hasn't gotten any bigger, so that is good. My Dr. thinks it should reabsorb by the next time I see her.

Russ was out of town on business, so he didn't get to be there for the ultrasound, but my parents did. They had gone to Texas to check on my grandma. She had been in the hospital for 3 weeks with diabetes related problems, heart problems and they found a cancerous cyst on her ovary. Then she got pneumonia. She just got out on Monday, so things are looking up (for a while). But my parents drove back to my house on Tuesday so they could go with me on Wednesday. It was great having them there. I think Dad was more excited than anyone. He had never seen anything quite like that. It was pretty cool. Plus, now my doctors office has a big screen tv to watch the ultrasound on. No more cranking your neck around to see the little tv the ultrasound tech looks at. So that was cool to see the baby up on a big screen.

Anyway, thanks again for your prayers! God is good!!

4 comments:

Mel said...

I am so happy that the baby is doing well. Make sure you take it easy and if you need anything call me. I will keep you guys in our prayers.

Jessi said...

Oh I'm so excited for your new healthy baby! I've been praying that this baby would be healthy! I am so glad for you! I will add your grandma to my prayer list. Oh, and I hardly ever get on this thing, but I send out emails very often about Laynie. I would like to get your email address if you could give it to me. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Jenny said...

I'm so excited for you! Sorry I haven't been blogging lately...I have plenty of excuses, but I'll try to be better at keeping up. I'll be praying that all goes well for you and baby! I wasn't aware of the miscarriage, so my very belated sympathy. Take good care of yourself! :)

Amy S. Grant said...

I'm so happy for your good news! It seems like I could always rest better after having that first ultrasound done.

I'm betting it's another little redheaded girl. :)