Monday, January 14, 2008

Justice

How many times have you been driving and you see somebody do something completely idiotic and you just WISH there was a policeman around to see it? Well, my wish came true yesterday.

I was driving to a baby shower, and I had called my mom on my cell on the way there. I was on a 4 lane road, driving in the left lane because I was about to turn left. I look up and all of a sudden this idiot comes racing up behind me in a huge truck with his emergency flashers on. Well, I couldn't get over to the right because there was a car there and I was about to the turning lane, so I just stayed where I was and got in the turning lane as soon as I could.

I was close to the hospital, so I even had a little sympathy for him (for like a second) and thought maybe he was in a hurry to get to there. We get up to the light (it's red) and he rolls down his window and yells at me. I was driving Russ' car and had the sunroof open so I got to hear it all. He said, "Get off the phone and drive you idiot!". Now I don't like being yelled at. Especially when I have done nothing wrong. I didn't pull out in front of him. I wasn't going 10 mph, I did everything I could to get out of his way. So nice little me, yelled back. Remember, I was talking to my mom on the phone. All I said was, "OH, SHUT-UP!" He then rolled up his window and sat at the light VERY impatiently. (My mom was very curious to why I was yelling at her. So I had to explain the story to her too.)

Well, he just couldn't wait any longer. He took off, right through the red light and a very busy intersection. I even cringed when I saw him take off. I thought I was going to witness an accident. But instead, a policeman just happened to be crossing paths with him. In fact, if the police man would have been there 2 seconds earlier, he probably could have side-swiped him. It was awesome! He turned and chased him lights on and everything. He did turn into the hospital, which made me feel a little bad for him. But I was so happy that he got what was coming to him.

Lesson learned: Be patient. And be sure there are no police cars around when you "have" to run a red light.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I can't believe you said that. I don't usually say a word. Not that I am in ROAD RAGE often, or ever......just don't think I would say a word. Who's shower? You know me, noisy.......heheee

Ryan, Jen, & Rowan said...

LOVE IT...