Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of School

Yes, I know it's been a week since the first day of school, but my computer and pictures do NOT get a long very well. Most of the time that I'm uploading pictures to the computer or to facebook, my computer completely shuts off on me. Right in the middle of something. I don't know what the deal is. In fact while typing this and uploading pictures, out of no where- off- TWICE! Russ has said we were going to get a new computer. Well, I'm ready!!


Anyway, enough complaining....

The girls are loving their schools. Becca is in PreK and Maddie is in 2nd. Since we moved, Maddie is at a new school. So far, she loves it and I am really impressed with it and her teacher. Becca's teacher is fabulous. She was also Maddie's PreK teacher and we love her to death.
On the first day of school, I asked Becca how it was. She said, "Ms. T didn't even notice my toenails." I told her that her teacher had a lot of toenails to look at on the first day. Then Becca says, "Oh well, at least I was the cutest one there." The girl does not lack in the self-confidence area, that's for sure.
Becca got in the car the other day and her teacher says, "Becca doesn't let me forget anything." I said, "Becca's a lot different than Maddie." And the look on her teacher's face said it all- 'yep, TOTALLY different- MUCH louder and more outgoing and isn't afraid to tell the teacher when she forgets something.' Gr-ea-t, can't wait for parent teacher conferences. (sarcasm implied)
I always take a picture in front of the entertainment center to see how much they've grown since last year.

All three girls in front of the house.
Maddie at her desk.
Becca on her reading couch.
Ready to learn! Or tell the teacher what to do. Whatever comes first.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yes - I will call you! It would be nice to come by tom or Sat. but we will talk.
Thank you!!

Jenni Masters said...

Your girls are soo darn cute! I think the middle child has to be spunky; it helps them survive the whole middle child thing! :)