Friday, May 15, 2009

stupid people suck

Ok, so my title may be a little blunt, but they do.

We signed a contract on our house April 14. We had 5 weeks to get all of the paperwork done. That's a long time in the buying/selling house business. Our stuff is all done. Our buyers stuff is all done. Well, except for the appraisal.

Three weeks ago, their lender called them and actually said he had put in the order for the appraisal on our house. Lie #1.

Since then, Stephanie (our buyer) has been calling me about every other day to see if someone has called us to set up a time. They haven't.

She talked to their lender on Tues. who said someone should be calling us this week. Lie #2 because he still hadn't put in the order.

Stephanie talked to him today and he said he put in the order on Monday after talking to her. Lie #3 because she didn't talk to him on Monday about it.

He also had said that he had no way of knowing who the appraiser would be or how to get ahold of them since it was a VA loan. Lie #4.

He also hasn't been returning their phone calls.

So today Stephanie finally gets ahold of him. He said he thought everything was going fine and on track since he hadn't heard from her. She had called and left voice messages for the last 3 days. He then said, "oh, I don't return all of my missed calls." Stephanie said, "don't you think you should, especially since we are closing in less than a week!!".

So anyway, he admitted that it was his mistake and he would take the blame. Well, for every day that we don't close on the other house, we have to pay $100. So Stephanie said, "you need to take more than just the blame. You need to pay the $100 per day that Russ and Michelle have to pay for not closing on time."

Long story, but he is going to be doing that. And we now don't know when we are closing or moving. I have a ton of phone calls to make on Monday. I have to change start dates and stop dates for our utilities and cable. I have to call the place we ordered our fridge from and tell them not to deliver it on Thurs. Same with our dishwasher.

I am all ready stressed out, this just took the cake today.

And when Sonic forgets to put the vanilla in my VANILLA diet coke... well that just sucks too!

What a day.

At least I have some awesome friends who are coming to the new house to help me clean tonight. Thank you in advance ladies! I love you all! I love my friends who had other plans and can't make it too, just in case you all were wondering. :) But I am rewarding these special friends with chocolate and wine. Now that's the way to end the day. (even though I don't really like wine- but my friends do! :)

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Wow! I'm so sorry! Oh, and when you talk to Steph, please tell her to call me! :)

Emily said...

That sure stinks-- hope it gets smoothed out!
About Sonic - what's worse than that is ordering said DC, getting home & taking a big sip -- only to find out it's rootbeer! When your mouth is expecting DC- rootbeer tastes like rat poison (not that I've tasted rat poison!)
ps- your school nightmare cracked me up!