Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just take me to the Funny Farm!

This house stuff is about to drive me up a wall! I have never been so stressed/excited/angry/happy/worried in all of my life!

So if the underwriters got their paperwork done by noon today, we could close tomorrow. They got it done, but the appraiser came back with an appraisal under what we are asking for on our house. So now it is in "appraisal review". I honestly haven't even asked what the appraisal came back as. But it frustrates me because the appraiser basically looks at the age of the house and measures for square footage and that's it! He didn't look at the fact that we live in a neighborhood with a pool and a clubhouse. He didn't look at how huge our backyard is compared to most neighborhoods. He didn't look at the large deck we have on the back, or our huge 10x10 wood shed. He didn't look at all of the updated fixtures in the house- lights and doorknobs. He only looked at two things. He also pulled comps from last fall (when the market started to tank!) and those houses got less per square foot. He also pulled a comp on the largest house in our neighborhood. Well that doesn't make since- it's twice as big as ours, so they undoubtedly are going to ask less per square foot. No one wants to own a $300,000 house in a neighborhood where all of the houses are $150-$200K. So because of all of this, or house is supposedly worth less than what our buyers were going to pay for it. UGH!!!

Since we aren't closing tomorrow, we have to file another extension with Fannie Mae on our other house. Well, the realtor that is the Fannie Mae rep here is ticked at us. He had this happen last fall where the guy was trying to sell his house, so he kept filing extensions and never sold his house, so therefore backed out on the deal. But we aren't going to back out!! But our realtor called and said to get to the house and get anything out that is ours. Jerry (listing realtor) was angry enough, that she was worried he would go over and change the locks or the code to get in and then he would claim anything inside as property of Fannie Mae. All we really had over there was cleaning stuff and yard stuff. We had a few painting things left there. But we got ourselves over there VERY quickly to remove our things.

So our mortgage lender (who is wonderful- we go to church with him) is rewriting our loan to do a bridge loan so we can close on our other house and not worry about this one. But this won't be able to be done until Friday- hopefully. Everyone is so busy, being the end of the month and all. And to top it all off- did I say this before?- Russ is moving his office this weekend. When it rains it pours.

Russ keeps telling me that we aren't going to lose the other house and to calm down. I'm just so angry at that other lender for screwing things up for us. We should be sitting in our new house right now, unpacking.

I do know there is a lesson here somewhere. And I'm leaning on God right now to help me with my anger/sadness/excitement/worries. I know He has a plan and it is always better than mine. I just would deal much better if I knew what it was. ;)

1 comments:

not so zen momma said...

I witnessed my former boss appeal a appraisal over the phone. She reviewed his comps, and they were way off base (I'm talking totally different neighborhoods). After making her argument with him over the phone, he agreed and changed the appraisal.

This was for a re-fi, but it may be helpful. Praying it all goes well, we are about to start the process.