Thursday, February 26, 2009

Maddie's award

All of the first graders at Maddie's school (and a few other schools in town) were asked to draw a picture of Abraham Lincoln. They could choose to do a pencil drawing or color it in. Their pictures were posted at a bank, where the employees of the bank chose the best drawings. And to our surprise, Maddie's picture won first place.


Her teacher emailed me and told us to be at the awards assembly last Friday. She had kept it a secret from Maddie, but let us know so I could bring my camera. It was very exciting for Maddie because she got to go up in front of the whole school to receive her award. And for winning first place, she got a $50 savings bond from the bank. Now that's a good prize for winning!

This is Maddie's principal giving Maddie her picture and award.


Maddie with the 2nd and 3rd place winners.

Maddie and her principal.
Maddie's pencil drawing.


3 comments:

Jenny said...

That's awesome! What a great picture!

Mel said...

That is so awesome - Way to go Maddie !!!

Heather said...

Nice picture!!

It was great to get your comment on my blog! I'm glad we reconnected, too. I don't know of anyone from MWBC with blogs (other than you and me!), but there are a lot on facebook. Do you remember Heather Adams? She is a vet now, married with 2 little girls.
I'll put you on my blogroll too.

Oh, and yes, NKOTB are still awesome! Their concert was amazing!!