Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Love/Hate relationship

We just spent the last week in Iowa and had so much fun. We love going there to see our families and friends. I love Iowa in the fall. The weather is wonderful and the trees- wow! I'll do a post on the trees later.

But I also hate Iowa. I hate it because of my allergies. Growing up, I had terrible allergies. I was always rubbing my eyes, sneezing and coughing. It could be that we lived in the country on a rock road. Or near farms, or the moist air up there. I don't know. I didn't even realize how bad they were until I moved out of Iowa. Living in Oklahoma, I really don't have allergies unless the allergens are really bad. But within a day of being in Iowa, I rubbed my eyes so hard that I rubbed out (and pulled out) a majority of my eyelashes on my left eye. (Look for the fake eyelashes on Sunday) Russ went to the only store that stays open past 7:00 last Monday to buy me allergy eye drops and Tylenol Severe allergy medicine (over $15!). I was sneezing non-stop and it eventually went to my throat where I couldn't talk very well. Then the coughing started. One night, I coughed so hard I was sweating.

We got back Sunday night and I still didn't feel very well. But by last night, it has all cleared out and I don't have any allergy problems. Thank you Oklahoma air.

So here are a bunch of pictures of our trip.
Rylan got to meet a lot of our family and friends for the first time: (Amy- why didn't I get a picture of you and Rylan when you stopped by to see us? I think I was so out of it from all of the allergy medicine I was on!)
Russ' parents with 4 of the great-grandchildren (they have 7 and another on the way) and our 3 girls.
My Mama Pat with the girls.

Rylan and her 2nd cousin Ben. (His daddy is Rylan's first cousin- that makes him a 2nd cousin, right?) He's just 3 months older and such a doll!!
My college roommate and one of my dearest friends Jenni. We stopped for lunch in Kansas City to see them on the way home Sunday. Maddie, Lauren, Becca and Ashlyn (Jenni's girls).
Maddie and Becca with their 3rd cousins from Texas (their mom is my first cousin) Emily and Jacob.
The girls with Uncle Eric. (He's still single, anyone, anyone?)
The girls with my Mom and Dad.
Maddie and Becca at a pumpkin patch with Aunt June (Russ' sister).
Russ, Maddie, Becca and me swinging at a park. How fun!

1 comments:

Mel said...

Great pic.'s -
Sorry to hear about your allergies!! I am glad you are back and feeling better!!