Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's Halloween!

Russ does NOT like the idea of dressing up, but I love it. It's fun to become someone else for a night. So on Friday night, I chose to be Marilyn Monroe. I made this choice for 3 reasons: 1. I couldn't think of anything 2. my friend Jennifer told me I could borrow her costume and 3. It was free. That's the best reason, I think.
But since Russ didn't want to go, I convinced my friend Heather to go. (Not much convincing was needed. Here's our conversation: "Heather, what are you doing on Friday?" "Nothing." "Do you want to go to a Halloween party with me?" "Heck yeah!") Russ was thrilled that he didn't have to go and he wouldn't hear me gripe about not getting to go. So thanks Heather for going with me.

We had so much fun. The scavenger hunt was a blast. (except for wearing 3 inch heels- give me a warning next time Jenny!) There were 12 people crammed into a van driving (very fast) around town to take pictures of things we had on a list. We only had 1 hour to do it in, but we found all but a live spider. Our team even found the headstone of someone who died on October 31. Good times.


Heather- aka Sarah Palin and me. (Yes, mother, I know the dress is low- it was higher at the beginning of the night.) (Does anyone have a full length picture of me, I didn't take one.) Todd and Pam aka- Slash and guitar hero girl.


Rusty & Mitzi aka-Mickey and Minnie. Jenny-aka Princess Leia.

Disco Man Darin, Pam and Disco Amy.

Chim chimmery, chim chim cherrie. (I have no idea how to spell that) Jamie and Susan were Mary Poppins and the guy from Mary Poppins- what's his name? And Rusty pouring 7-up into our tiny trophies for James and Jeremy for winning the scavenger hunt. Way to go team!!

0 comments: