Monday, February 11, 2008

Maddie's first dance

Maddie went to her first boy/girl dance last night. I know, she's only 5. But her date was her daddy. They went to the Daddy/Daughter Dance.

Maddie was so excited! She couldn't believe she was going to get to dress all up and dance with Daddy. She talked about it for weeks.

So we went and got her a new dress, painted her fingernails and toenails, and made her hair all "fancy". I even made a corsage for her. It didn't stay together the entire dance, but it looked good for pictures!
Here's Russ putting on Maddie's corsage.
Don't they look ready to dance?
How cute is this?
Ready to go!!
My homemade corsage. We bought a single rose and I cut it off the stem plus three leaves. I then hot-glued it all to a lavender ribbon. Russ tied it around her wrist and ta-da- a corsage.

Russ said they had a good time. But I need to teach our daughter how to dance. I guess she was a little all over the place. I was picturing Elaine from Seinfeld. OK, maybe not that bad, but a little awkward. Anyone know a good (cheap) place to take dance lessons?

1 comments:

Jessi said...

HOW ADORABLE!!! Looks like they had a great time! Matt and I can't wait for those kind of moments with our children! Days they'll never forget!